Civil Partnership Dissolution

Civil Partnership Dissolution

A civil partnership is a legally recognised relationship between two people of the same sex. The Civil Partnership Act 2004 gives a civil partnership the status as a marriage in terms of rights and responsibilities.

Evidence of a civil partnership

You can prove that a civil partnership exists by a: -

  • civil partnership certificate
  • certified copy of an entry in the register of civil partnerships.

Do you want to end a Civil Partnership?

You can formally end a Civil Partnership by dissolving it. It can also end when one of the partners dies.  You can choose to convert your civil partnership into a marriage in England, Scotland and Wales. Once it is converted into marriage it then ends.

Our experts can help you determine what your rights are. We can also help you to dissolve your Civil Partnership. If you wish to discuss this further then call us on 0161 240 3555.

TMC Solicitors

Why Choose Us?

No case is the same as another, and we do not take a ‘one size fits all approach’ to our clients. We prepare and undertake a tailored strategy based on our client’s individual’s needs and circumstances. Our experienced team is able to provide advice and assistance in various legal areas.

Our team will undertake a formal review of your case documents and advise you on the suggested next steps. Our expertise in this area means that care and consideration will be used when reviewing your file. We understand that matters can be time sensitive and you will receive our advice promptly following our instructions.

We are experts in advising and dealing with complex matters on behalf of vulnerable clients. Our team is committed to fighting for justice and providing a high quality service for all of our clients.

Make an Appointment