TMC Solicitors is a Manchester-based law firm with a branch office in London. We are currently recruiting a Solicitor/Case Worker with experience in UK immigration law. The solicitor will be based in our London office. It is a permanent post with career progression
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
· Meeting with and liaising with clients over the telephone
· Attending clients, taking instructions, and preparing cases regarding family/immigration matters
· Drafting Court proceedings, preparing statements and bundles, instructing counsel
· Immigration and family law casework
· Ensuring Court deadlines are effectively diarised and complied with;
· Assisting with casework
· Dealing with correspondence
· Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
· Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
· Ensuring compliance with file management.
· Doing legal research.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with experience of working in UK immigration law having run a caseload or been involved with this work within a team to represent our clients in this growth area.
Candidates should have a strong academic background. This is a good opportunity for growth and development and would suit someone who could work under minimum supervision in this area. You will need to have a passion for UK immigration law. You will need to have the ability to multi-task and keep to tight deadlines. The candidate should have excellent communication skills in engaging with new and existing clients as well as the willingness to be actively involved in attracting new work to the Firm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Why Choose Us?
No case is the same as another, and we do not take a ‘one size fits all approach’ to our clients. We prepare and undertake a tailored strategy based on our client’s individual’s needs and circumstances. Our experienced team is able to provide advice and assistance in various legal areas.
Our team will undertake a formal review of your case documents and advise you on the suggested next steps. Our expertise in this area means that care and consideration will be used when reviewing your file. We understand that matters can be time sensitive and you will receive our advice promptly following our instructions.
We are experts in advising and dealing with complex matters on behalf of vulnerable clients. Our team is committed to fighting for justice and providing a high quality service for all of our clients.